Friday, March 31, 2006

Pebbles in the Hourglass

How will I address you?

I am your servant.
I am almost 51 years of age. You are just twenty. Yet I call you "maalik"!

I am your driver.
I have a driving experience for over twenty years. You don't even have a driving license. Where can I drive you "sir"?

I am your employee.
You are the CEO. I am a PhD with 34 years of work experience. Yet I cannot say "no" to my "boss"!


Isn't it wierd how we define age? Isn't it 'wierder' how we implement our age?
"Age is nothing but the number of times you have revoluted around the sun"
And imagine how much we stress on such a simple fact! Some don't talk to their juniors. Some do not express themselves to their seniors. Your dad thinks that you are immature. You think that your grandpa is outdated. One feels awkward to marry a woman elder to himself. One feels out-of-place to marry a guy younger to herself. You have to be minimum 18 years to get a driving license.

All is ok. But is it fool-proof to define age like that? You can be younger, but more matured. more experienced. Is it ok to define seniority by just measuring the number of times you have revoluted round the sun?

I know I left many loop-holes in my thought. But I am not in a mood to debate.
Tomorrow (1st April) I complete one more revolution around the sun.

Love all. Do not judge a person by his or her age. Be free with your 'juniors'. Express yourself to ur 'seniors'. Live life your own way.

4 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

i really enjoyed reading this post! but i think that age&experience are somewhat related. Its true that some people remain immature with age and some out-mature it, but still the one who has lived more in this clumsy little world, have the more probability of a more accurate extrapolation. but like u, i believe in living life my own way and i'm also not in a mood for debate ;). keep writing... u have the talent of expressing in a few words which makes great bloggers, unlike me who posts clumsily long posts as expression ...

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

wonderful post !
happy birthday re !


Nice way you have addressed age !

Like it !

hiyapotter said...

Great idea!!!

Shashi Iyer said...

people generally associate age with experience, and that, i reckon, is very important