Thursday, March 23, 2006

A day out in Kolkata

Hi! How's life? mine's great! today's contribution to this greatness is quite big. i would like to start straight away....

I was in midst of a dream (i dont remember it now!) when i heard faintly my uncle calling me while coming downstairs. i almost like a spring sat up. suddenly i remembered everything ... yesterday in the noon my uncle had announced tht he and me would be going out for a day in kolkata. i dressed myself quickly and got ready. my ma served us breakfast --- bread-butter and banana and tea. i took a cap, hanky and tilakmama took his huge umbrella and digital camera. we went off, atlast, for a tour in Kolkata. it was 7:15 am approx.

we hired a taxi which took us to the Alipur Zoo on my uncle's command. on the way tilakmama decided to show me the National Library. as we entered the small gate, the face of the gatekeeper proved tht we were unwelcome there. we learnt tht before 9pm visitors are not allowed inside. the morning-walkers have passes so tht they can come there to fulfill their purpose. disappointed, we continued our journey to the Zoo. the distance between the two places were quite short, to my surprise. i should make a confession here tht i didnt know tht The Alipur Zoo and the National Library were placed so near. anyways, another awaited us there.....i hope u can guess. yeah ofcourse, the zoo was closed too. tilakmama was very surprised as he didnt expect the animals to be asleep for so long! it was 7 :45am..... ahhhhhhhh!! for a moment i thought tht today's tour would be a wastage. how wrong i was!!! the events following proved it.

i suggested tilakmama, "Ganga-r dhare haoa khete jabe?" he instantly agreed. we caught a taxi and resumed our tour. moments later we saw man trying to stop our taxi for help by waving hands. our taxi stopped, another taxi was standing there in a wretched condition. accident with a truck was the cause... the man was a bit old and with him was his wife. they had to catch a train from Howrah station at 8:30am. we took them in our taxi, they were really grateful. me and tilakmama got down at princep ghat. they thanked us again.

as we entered the gate, i saw tht white buiding standing wide awake! this is the first time i saw
tht. i was a bit xcited and wanted to know the history behind it. tilakmama took out his digi cam and to my utter surprise he asked me to take snaps whenever i like. he handed it over to me....!!! unfortunatey the battery was low ans the cam was not switching on properly.


look ..... to be continued............................................

1 comment:

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

khub sundor lekha ! simple as some people like me like it !