Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Boulevard by Night

The wind was a torrent
Of coquettish whispers...
Its mantle swathing me
In a gentle embrace,
Embossing memories
Of your doting hand
Which trod upon my scalp...
A gestation of myriad jamborees
Vivid, in my closed eyes...
With a sigh
And then a smile.

I serenade aloud
For the titillating wind
To whisper in your ears
That I crave you.
That I crave you
By music and star-lit darkness
Of this prolific night,
To celebrate my love
And hear you giggle softly.

I serenade with passion
To herald my love
And to let you know
That I crave your eyes.
That I crave your eyes
To let my hazel eyes
Spell out my phantasms
In an unequivocal brandish.

I serenade in joy,
Pleasantly flustered by memories,
That I crave your voice.
That I crave your voice,
By the silence
Of this stark naked night,
To intoxicate me
And make me laugh,
Like a loon in a lonely night

3 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

hey! did u write it ? its awesome !! keep blogging.

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

wonderful post !

Shashi Iyer said...

Guys, thank you all for the encouragement. I'll go on :)