Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Holi !! Has it lost its true spirit!!

Holi is the most colorfull festival known to me!! The evry colors of life come out to ther fullest during this time!! But it apperently seems from my experience of yesterday and today that it is losing its true innosence!!

Yesterday: My mid semester exams were finally over and I was happy to let loose all of my tensions. I went towards the college hostels to do a bit of chatting and playing multiplayer games. On the way we saw a bunch of guys were really making a hell out of holi. The air was filled up with colord dust and the guys were really happy. Assesing the situation we went off road and walked through the grounds to reach the hostel. On reaching the hostel the inevitable happended and i was actulay colord up to an extent i cant actually express in words. I was happy actually to fight back and color up some of my frends. The mood was festive then somebody asked me if I wanted a bottle of liquor. I asked him why do you need to have that as we are alrady having lots of fun. His reply was "Holir dine ektu mal ganja na hole chole".

Today: I watching down from the verandah a and a group of local guys wre playing holi and having fun!! From ther talking i understood that they have brought food from home and were plaing to have a feast in the local park!! A guy was singing and playing an empty water drum!! A cople were dancing infront of him. The environment was really festive. Suddenly a police van stopped nearby
and a couple of policemen came down. After some time the environment became kind a warzone. I understood that a couple of guys were really drunk and had talked trash to the police.

Holi is supposed to be for all!! Its as Vivek sayed for the both sex of humans!! But is that really true?? I have seen really few girls come out doring holi to play!! And theres a good reason to that!! People are getting really more animalistic !! They are losing their humane qualities really fast!!

All these facts lead to a very depressing conclusions!!
I Holi Really losing its spirit??

1 comment:

Vivek Panda said...

joiguru !! aapni toh besh lekhen dekhchi!! tahole mukhe kulup ente boshe thaken keno? sharadin guest-book-er script likhle cholbe? ;)