Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My First 'White Stick' : Part 1

PROLOGUE :
The little white sticks ... they say are very addictive! The only time I remember having one, in fact, forced to have one was when I was 6/7 years old. Tilakmama's best-friend Dipakmama, gave me a taste. I remember choking and smoke gushing out of my nose, tears from my eyes and wind from my ears! From that day onwards I had no intention ever to try once more again. In fact I cannot even tolerate passive smoking, though I lash out rarely in general, but I do show utter disgust with my facial expression. As for friends, I continually try to discourage the habit, though in vain!

THE STORY :
Today, though a Wednesday, was like a typical Thursday...my Chillout Day of the Week! I had gone to bed at 3am yesterday night after watching Transporter 1 & 2 . Today morning mom woke me up with a rude thumping on the door at 9am. Then I took no risk to see 'The Exorcist' at night ;) and tried it out in shining daylight. But I found it wasn't scary at all :( The Ring did really kick the shit out of me instead. Anyways, back to the topic, I did have a lethargic morning, had my lunch and was out for the photo-session! Hey! Make no mistake, I'm not into modelling, it was just a shoot for the Voter's ID Card ;)

Anyways, I had a long walk to the National Library from my house. Then stood on the line from 2pm to 4:30pm! Oh! Bless the decision that I brought a story book (No-Honnote by Maitreyi Devi) and read it all the while.

After the utter chaos and confusion, pushing and suffocating crowd, I took to the Library canteen and had 2 vegetable chops and 2 cups of tea (and all for 5 bucks with tea at 50p per cup!). After that I admired the place, the green fields, the silence and solitude of the place with h-u-g-e trees and plants for sometime.

At that moment, I was missing someone, anyways, I felt like doing something exciting...was in a mood of an adventure... but what'd it be? The idea flashed like a lightening...why not try the little white stick?! ;)

I also felt apprehensive for sometime for even considering to do this...but however, I was somewhat sure, that being a Big Boy it wont hurt much. Arreh! C'mon! I'm almost 21 yrs old and I havent tasted that damned stick ever. I dont know what drove me to do this, but I decided to do it: To go for the stick intentionally for the First Time in my Life!

And what an experience I had !! (to be continued...)

No comments: