Monday, March 13, 2006

Love...Passion....Gen Y Part II

Just a few weeks bck I watched the movie"Rang de Basanti".....Infact I know many of you have watched this movie and had the urge to do something......well it happened with me too....and in a kind of josh I sent a SMS for help for Jessica Lal case,talked about it,followed every bits of news for the Jessica Lal case..........and thats it!Thats it!Thats what an inspired Gen Y gal like me did!Then I realized I had done nothing....it wasn't something great.......infact I am not doing anything extraordinary....just blindly following the trend!

Is this is what the tag line of Rang de Basanti means....Generation Awakens!!Are we awake!NO we aren't!It was the youth which was once the pulse of the pre independent India...it was the Will,Determination and Courage of the youth which was the main foundation of the freedom of India......then what happened today!

I would rather say it's not only the influence of easy life style from the west....also lack of any role model!In these days who are our role models....Cricketers or Filmstars!How many of us have A P J Kalam as our role model....a Kalpana Chawla for a role model?The cause is the real lack of those poeple who would pose as the ideal rolemodel in front of us.A person who will inspire us to strive for Excellence......who would ask us to "Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached!"We are confused bunch of kids who in absence of real role models vainly try to emmulate some rather glamourous personalities!

One request I would like to make to you people....why dont we instead of complaining for absence of role models try to become role models ourselves....Maybe in this pursuit we may not have success....but atleast our children won't be able to complain like us!Let us try to get a better future for the future generation!

"abhi abhi hua yakeen
ke aag hain mujh main kahin
huyi subah main jaal gaya
suraj ko main niggal gaya!"

No comments: