Monday, May 22, 2006

Stoned

Lying at my bed I was smoking. it was nearly midnight.I can see darkness through the window. the patch of black was occasionally disturbed by light coming out of a room here and there. rest was black. in the silence of night, I could hear my breathing. inhaling a deep puff, I was getting stoned..slowly , very slowly... my senses were getting numb.

I looked at the wall below the tube light. an insect was moving back and forth . I kept looking.. it was moving back and forth. in the same direction. the same movement. it took time to get in my sedate brain that the bug was trapped. in some remnants of a spider web. invisible it may be, but powerful. the bug was moving back and forth. fruitless effort to get free!

in the floor some newspaper were scattered. the pages were showing pictures of students protesting against reservation, students being bitten by police, docs on strike, people protesting silently. an article was saying that P.M. has asked the nation to have faith in the system and withdraw protest.

I took the last puff and smashed the cigarette. the bug was still moving back and forth. the papers were scattered in the floor. my numb body feel asleep.

5 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

very lively .... the beauty of this post lies in its simplicity. well written!

Anonymous said...

simple, yet so true n touching..very well written dwai..

Anonymous said...

simple but well articulated n very much contmporary...reminds abt pink floyed's comfortably numb

Anonymous said...

Have u read Kafka? The first paragraph has his style

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

midnight is great time to smoke dude !