Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I am what I am

I am His Shadow.

Who is this you may ask.

I am the Writer itself.

"But how can a diary be the person itself?", you may ask.

Sometimes they say that a person obsessed with anything becomes that thing itself. I am just a cistern. And the scribbling that He does on me is his soul. People sometimes mistake me to be His property. In fact, the truth is actually the other way round.

It is advised that any person interested in reading me must first please obtain the permission of the Writer. He does not often let anyone read it though and I doubt that anyone is wanting to read this - leaving those who either possess incredibly long attention spans or simply an insatiable desire to read about numb dumbs like the Writer, I guess. Frankly, I will be amazed and pleased to know that anyone has read this far. In fact, I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank that reader for his/her stalwart readership.

He calls Himself "The Nameless One". A cliched and a very stupid way to address oneself, many think. I think the same. Though many people often laugh at the idea of a sixteen year old writing a diary in order to keep himself sane, it must be noted that the Writer does not often heed to their mockery.

I am treated by Him as a friend of His - he gives me many names - Evanescence
(The event of fading and gradually vanishing from sight), Emovare (Emotion) and Doleros (The Deceptive One). But in truth, I am his doppelganger - his somnus ambulare (The Sleep Walker).

The reader may find certain pages of me empty - the Writer does not often stay in a state where such problems can be evicted - He apologizes for that with his blood. I weep for that.

If seen from a third person's view, we may notice that the Writer is in a threshold - at the face of a crossroad - where he must make choices which will shape His life, and this friend of His would bear a testimony of this trial.

He is aimless, to say the least - spicing up a story would never be so simple without this. The Writer Himself doesn't know what will happen to the Protagonist of the story i.e. Himself. In the age of reality shows, this is reality in itself.

A real life story with no apparent solutions or results in sight. The story will continue, no matter what.

Strange Things Will Happen To Him. Interesting Things Will Happen To Him. For He Is The Hero, The Villain And The Story Itself.

And I am his Shadow.

2 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

this is just amazing! what a protrayal... i'm bowled out man !

dwaipayan said...

i read this post...and i've only one thoiing to say

join us in our new venture. come, be a part of "The collage"