Saturday, July 22, 2006

the slave



You came in,
Came into my life
You came in
And made me fall

You changed my world
You gave me love
You made me believe
Made me lose myself

The world was bright
With pink days
And velvet nights
Life was too good to be real

I was too lost
Too lost to think
I wanted to believe
I was blind

The days passed
You made me doubt
You showed me your truth
And left me cold
Cold as ice

The reasons you gave me were right
But I couldn't believe you
I couldn't see the truth
I couldn't trust you

I was torn
picking up the pieces
I was drowning
In fumes and smoke

Nights were my shelter
Days were hell
The rain hid my tears
the shadows my wails

I survived
On smoke
Nectar

Now you are back
And I once again am your slave

I am falling again
You take away my nectar
Take away the smoke
Reveal me again
Lift the shadows

Who are you
You who make me lose to myself
You who bring me close
And then leave me to the cold again
And again

But I still do
Still love you
The slave that I am

2 comments:

Rreena Sharma said...

VERY NICELY WRITTEN...

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

Like the expression in your poem ..

The chasing lover ..the relentless lover ..seems to play a part !