Friday, July 28, 2006

Male Friend

To you.
You who are a stranger.
You who I must accept.
You who I must forgive.

We were fellow ponderers.
Wondering why the night's
Gorgeous, black hair,
Its virility, its feminity,
Never showed signs of decripitude.
An infinite sex appeal she has.
Eternal.
The two of us try
To apostrophise the night.
To confer on it our names.
To spend a night with the sea
Fondle her breasts
Make love to her
And come out alive.
(Not at the same time,
I'm afraid I don't know too many moves!
My sexual-gaucheness is not out for display!)

We were beginning to have our hair
Done badly. The comb hurts.
We have lost wieght; and yet we are fat.
But we've 20 fingers and 20 toes.
Two minds.

Why don't we talk to each other often?
I don't know.
May be it is to attach
A savage innocence
A fortunate intensity
A primordial depth
To our rarities.

Oh how expensive are things?
We'll buy them won't we?

3 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

your words flow smoothly as a river, with a hidden sense of agony. i am thrilled to see the world thru ur eyes !

Anonymous said...

me and my partner...

We fight savagely most of the times on the issue that why one of them loved while the other didn't want to...

but we accept together..

WE HAVE TWO MINDS, yes, BUT WE HAVE ONE HEART.

..and that's a blessing in itself.

akaash said...

arrey!

where have you gone?

i am a great fan of yours, though i like to interpret your poetry in my very own way! : )

and if you don't come back, and fast, i am going to kill you.

..i am going to irritate you by sending you junk mails.

..i am going to file a false FIR.

..you don't know me!

i am a very bad person.

COME BACK SHASHI.