Monday, April 03, 2006

"Successful love is always unsuccessful !"...Is it??

Prologue: On reading the previous post yesterday I felt like making a comment. and as I've enjoyed writing that and Vivek, the author of the post, enjoyed reading it in spite of the differences in our opinion. so I got a request to compose a post stating my take on this post... so here it is....

according to Vivek, marriage means THE END of love..he said that (well, i think u can read it urself, so no point in repeating it again...) I know it feels ultimately romantic to say that the true love are those that remain unsuccessful. but however romantic we are, would we ever want our love story to be unsuccessful? NO!! we wouldn't.. it feels great to read about romantic love stories with a tragic end...it touches our heart when we heard about them... we empathize when we see it in silver screen...that's why 'Laila-Majnu', "Romeo-Juliet" and etc etc are so famous...

But we all know that it's extremely painfull to live through such a love story... let me talk about my personal experiences...I've a crush on a friend..and though at a time I thought I'd prefer Romantic unsuccessful love, My heart bleeds when I saw her talking about her boy friend..the mere thought of that I can't ever have her is damn painfull...and it was just a CRUSH...

But I'm not saying that marriage (live together may be..) is the ultimate goal of Love. I know people who can love each other deeply though they never get married...but it takes a lot of courage. and I salute them.. but most people are not like them. generally when two people fall in love, both of them dreams about marrying each other...ain't it? then they get married...and slowly it seems that the love is fading away..they get busy with their life..with their work and family..and they managed to get less time for themselves..and slowly the become habituated to each other...and It seems the love is lost..

BUT IS IT? to know the answer we first need to know what love is. is love only about sitting in Victoria whispering sweet nothings to each other's ears? Is love is only about lying in each other's arms below the star studded sky? is love only about buying gifts for each other on Valentine's day?Is love only about loving each other???? I agree all these are Love. but there are more things in love than the things mentioned.

it takes a lot of courage and LOVE to spend all ur life with another person. to adapt to a different lfestyle, to take care of the person, to be with him/her thru all the ups and downs of life....

I believe LOVE is about togetherness, to be with a person even when u are tired of him...it's about doing little things for him that brings a smile to his lips...it's about deciding that u can spend all ur life with this person and actually doing it.. love is not only about reading poems , or listening songs, or writing letters...it's about understanding each other and their needs, it's about spending time with the special person even when he has lost all his speciality..it's about serving the person each and everyday of ur life... and thus the flow of love remains stronf underneath the monotony of married life..sometimes even the people concerned do not get it...but love is always there...it's impossible to live ur life with a person only by adjustment.Love makes it possible...

so I believe, that even the mundane stories of a couple has a strong and excitingly wonderful lovestory and it succeds in the success of their love...the only thing is that only they know about the greatness of the love story

(that's all!! this post reflects the idea I 've accquired about love so far...and i'm still learning ....and the idea is everchanging...)

No comments: