Friday, April 28, 2006

Stupid me!

Ok so here I'm to confess you guys about a stupidity ,a real blunder that I made last week.Well last sunday me and my elder sister,went up to this Big Bazar at Highland Park.we had thought of having a good time eating out to our heart's content at the Yo Foodies over there.When we reached there we found that it was like "houseful" and there was not a single seat left!As my friends know me Impatient me, I urged my sis to go back.But my sis,intelligent as she proclaims her to be said that we might try out the new restaurant that has been opened in that floor only.She claimed that it's not bad to try out atleast! So this restaurant's name was"I Eat,Drink Party".There were gatekepers to welcome us inside....Man!it was a splendid place like a restaurant cum bar cum lounge thing...cosy,soft music being played,dimly lit up...as if straight from any of those whereabouts of a Page 3 party!

When we got inside they asked us "where will you like to sit mam?"And I proudly declared 'why not the bar?"so we sat on those long tools as if we had been sitting on them from our infancy only!And I who proudly proclaim herself to be a 'Proletariet'(partly bcoz I'm always running short of money , and I dont like to spend so much!)behaved as a true blue blood!

Now when we got the menu card we gasped like people suffering from lack of oxygen!God it was a true blue blooded restaurant and meant only for the people with real good paypoket!I always depend on my sis to pay all the bills and there she was .....her eyes popping out like a comic figure!I knew that was it....end of our story.But proud as we both are ,we didnt lose our confidence.I had with me my debit card...so to save my sis out of this grave situation I assured her that I will pay the bill.

So we gave our orders(Just think of it!sitting at the bar counter and ordering for diet pepsi and chocolate shake!) sat there like true Page 3 celebraties,discussing in whispers what amount to pay as tips!And yes the they took VAT charges along with Service charge with the bill but like true blue blood wegave Rs 20 as tips!

This was the first time I gave my sis a 'Treat'...don't think she mind it that much after all I had to pay that BIG amount all by myself.......so these days I'm having real nightmares about that incident.......but the biggest blunder I made by this is that now I can't proclaim myself as a true Proletariet anymore!

3 comments:

dwaipayan said...

so u r hermis?????finally met u.. hmmm

Vivek Panda said...

it's good to see atleast one instance where u actually spent the buck ;)

Vivek Panda said...

hahaha!! double thumbs up to prit !! ;)