Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Silhouetted Love


"It feels older.
Vitrified mirth, bland sweat, pale eyes...
Old beauty, corroded lusture, thinner flame...
It feels like I have little time, you know.

After an anaesthetised journey,
Memories of the Child are blanched
Hazy, Clouded times
Sped across with tremendous energy
A cyst-less past.
Random, motley, bare.
Plain.
Collapsibly beautiful.

Sing me a requiem.
I crave your voice...
Sing me a requiem
I must sleep;
A tenderly purple future awaits me-
I want to go there
Cyst-less."

...

Ah!
A slap.
You knew, of course,
That I'm immune to pain.

...

Oh yes!
You do realise that I've conned.
Your eyes confer
A Love so Late
That I belch a stifled hearty laugh.

The dire incredulity,
The terse bitterness,
The violin notes of ardor...
My dear, we have no choice
But to be savagely in love
With each other!

We have no choice
But to bask in the glory
Of the rhythmic adulation
The primordial breaths of the earth daub.

The wind smears on my ears
Aubades by day, and
Serenades by night.

I'm in love.

4 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

i'm literally floored by your way of expression! man, u seem to have dawned on the earth to compete with shakespeare ... but just a few centuries late!

i'm really impressed by your language... today's people have almost forgot to write like this. i sincerely look forward to your coming posts.

i'v never looked at love from this angle... thanx for showing me this perspective.

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

A very mature poem !
Reminds of Sylvia Plath er writing !
Great work ..keep it up !

Hermis said...

hey that was a great poem!I was literally bowled over by ur expressive quality.well done!

Shashi Iyer said...

All,
Thanks!

Vivek,
What other perspective?