Friday, August 18, 2006

On Our Love


A very pathetic sequel to the astoundingly beautiful poem "On a Moonbeam" by akaash. Hope he is not angry... And I hope I do not dash the hopes which my friend Vivek has heaped on me.


A desert run.

The radiant sun.

And I return again.

To these crowded golden sands.


Crowded with the memories of yore,

When we were together and sadness was no more.


The blue day sky,

Carries trillions of twinkling stars,

Sends me your message

But are blinded by the rays of sun from far.


It reminds me of your promise.


The sun is harsh – it scowls at me,

And it spreads its mellow to wake everyone up to see

The truth which is hidden in thee.


I wait...

Yet again...


“You fool, you have come again?”

Time remonstrates.

“The last time I met you under the purple light,

And the absent moon – you hallucinated...

You thought your dead love had come back – you insane!”


I say,

“She is not dead!

And she asks me to not to shed tears…

She asks me to not to be sad!”


“She will come from there – the stars,

From far far away

And the moonbeam would show her the light

Nonetheless, I daresay.”


“Ha!”

He laughs...

“All those relativity and rule bending are passé

Just figments of your imagination

Never is she gonna come to you

From sufferance and indignation...”


I wait.


And He laughs on.


“Look there! – Here she comes at last!”

Dressed in eternal white

She approaches,

An ethereal sight!


The sun gets dim.

The sand gets cooler.

Water arises from the desert for a thirsty dweller.


It’s your touch that I feel again.

It’s your scent that I inhale again.


He cries, “How can it happen?”

“This must be a dream!”


My heart races,

For that moment it seems

Is being packed away in tiny little cases.


And scattered.


To be assimilated again.


I can’t hear Him anymore,

Whilst she shows me the door.


Fulfilled at last,

Be it moon or sun it doesn’t matter anymore.

We are One again.

There will be no parting this time,

No promises would be forged to reunite again,

For the tears needn’t run anymore,

And no need will be for the Wish Fairies of the Holy Sycamore.


“If only you knew

How to wish…”

I tell Him.

“If only you knew

How to dream…


How to hope,

How to believe…


If only you knew

How to resurrect the grays of Reality,

With pure, innocent faith…”


“It is through my end that I start again

That I meet with my lover

And never depart in the rain.”


“Thou hast killed yourself for Love?”

“Is it really worth dying for?”

Says Time, now on His knees.


The echo of my answer lingers,

“You can’t fix a price on Love, after all...

Ain’t it?”


If only you had a moonbeam for these.

4 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

i do not know why the nameless one chooses to remain behind the pardah and act shy... but i do know that a mere pardah cannot hide the sun of astounding talent he has.

first of all, it takes a lot of imagination and creative sense to dare to write a sequel to a particularly good piece and lastly it is more difficult to finish it off in elegance.

i'd like to lower my head in front of this young lad in appreciation of his success... at both of them.

do not let the pen slip from ur fingers. every word that embraces the paper from its nib... creates MAGIC.

Anonymous said...

How could you think that i would be angry..

GOD! THAT'S BRILLIANT.
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.
ASTOUNDING.

I don't know, where we are going TOGETHER, but the WILL that we both have, (it seems, ..to resurrect our "dead love"..,), it does seem to me that the sun and the moon ARE going to bow down.

..let that happen bubai!


IT'S GOING TO BE THE ULTIMATE TRIBUTE TO OUR INDIVIDUAL LOVES


...WHICH WERE NEVER DEAD!


..and akaash promises to try to find your moonbeam.

..but only a promise to TRY!
..it's difficult.

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

MAGIC..AWESOME !

A very good thing abt ur writing ..
U write in a proper format and manner unlike many of us !

Lucifer said...

@Vivek : Shyness is a double-edged sword that I can't get rid of. But its nothing like being behind a purdah. He he... Thanks for your appreciation, man!

@akaash : Oh no. A moonbeam is no longer required I believe. But yes. We are really going together, but to where, trust me, I really don't know. Thank god you liked it!

@Nabanita : *Takes a bow*

@Euphoric Dreamer : And I thought I was too messy with my formats. I love the love you give me!