Thursday, August 10, 2006

On a Moonbeam : By akaash

A lagoon.
The full moon.
And I return again.
To these desolate silver sands…

The purple night sky,
Carrying trillions of twinkling stars,
Sends me your message;
…Reminds me of your promise!

You said you would come again…

The moon smiles at me,
And the violet of the night spreads…
As every night bird is sent to sleep
In their wooden dens!

I wait…



“How come you are not sad?”
Time asks me.
“She is dead! Right?”

“She is right here in my heart”,
I say.
“She is not dead!
And she asks me to not to shed tears…
She asks me to not to be sad!”

“How would she come?”
Time asks again
Pointing to the stars,
“That’s a long distance!”

“The moonlight shows her the way every fortnight”,
I cry.

“She can’t!”
Time is outraged.
“It’s my law!”

“We don’t follow your law”,
I say.
“We know how to stretch the limits…

Reality is relative too,
For those who Believe.

Look! She has come.”



Time stops.
There is a hush.
Nature draws back a few scared steps,
As the laws of Reality are rewritten again
...On these moonlit sands.

In the magical lights and shadows of the moon,
Isn’t that you?
…Dressed in the gorgeous black,
Surging my blood within?
…Your magnanimous appeal
Mocking Time,
Ever as before!

It’s your touch that I feel again.
It’s your scent that I inhale again.

We make love again.
And we are rendered Complete once more…

…As the fey Moon night watches
To keep mortals away,
We become One.

My heart beats slower,
As the thousand pieces of my Soul lie scattered
On the beach sands.
I lie lifeless…

The wind grows…

It’s the fairytale that your eyes had made me see.
Promise me, Dear,
To never to take it away…

For hours,
We sit, we talk and we love.
…It’s the wish of our tryst.

…Our wish,

…That gets fulfilled every Full Moon!

And at dawn,
As the first ray of the mild morning sun
Starts to dissipate the Night’s
Black Mystery,
We part once more…
With the promise to reunite again
Beside these transparent waters,
Whose tears carry the smile of the Moon
Every fortnight.



“It’s your Imagination, honey!”
Time spouts.

“It’s only my Wish that had come true!”
I naively sob…
“The fairies aren’t dead!”


“If only you knew
How to wish…”
I tell Him.
“If only you knew
How to dream…

How to hope,
How to believe…

If only you knew
How to resurrect the grays of Reality,
With pure, innocent faith…”



Echoes the remnants of the Night:
“If only you had a moonbeam…”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanx..
akaash works for such comments..
i EXACTLY know how u feel..

such a comment is priceless..

i will bear it forever in my heart..

:(

The Unpaid Analyst said...

Too good!

Vivek Panda said...

orebaapre!! ki likhechis re!! tui thoh shob boro boro kobi-der dekchi bhaat mere pothe boshiye charbi!!!

aato bhalo lekha ami khub kom porechi....

Anonymous said...

boro boro kobider bhaat -- na achhe amaar maarar icche, na acche amaar marar khomota... :l

thank you all for such beautiful comments, ..especially thanks to YOU Vivek, ( you launched me in this blog..)..

lastly, a confession: this poem and the idea behind it was inspired by a night sms from a lovely lady! Thank her!

Anonymous said...

thnx akaash.....but after all itz ur creation...

Anonymous said...

oops i am that lady

harshad said...

its beautiful! loved ur choice of words man...and the dialogue is simple yet so damn moving....great work