Monday, February 27, 2006

Touching the feet (2)

Yesterday while reading the post "touching the feet", some thoughts came to my mind & then i decided to post this new topic. 1st of all, sorry vivek, but if i want to respect someone, itz not necessary that i should touch his/her feet. coz i think respect comes from mind, from heart. we don't need to show it off. in my case i only touch my parents feet, coz they are truely god for me. may be itz good to see that new generation is still care for the earlier, but what if i don't care about the older but i touch their feet? but, ya, if someone really wants to touch someone's feet (from to heart & not for the seck of others), then itz perfectly ok.

I don't want to contradict anyone, but itz just my point of view. I think that i don't need to show it off that i respect /care someone by touching his/her feet.

1 comment:

Vivek Panda said...

well, most of the people today think like you. but i still prefer to practise this gesture ... honestly from my heart...and without any intention to show off ... and i do not feel uncomfortable, but very enjoyable. i value this tradition.