Thursday, February 23, 2006

Me and my ambitions!!

When we all were nothing but kids...we all had ambitions of something big! Well just like any other kid I had my share of ambitions!!!! I had all these silly ambitions of becoming a police officer(like Kiran Bedi),a doctor(the most common)n the most daring and favourite of mine was that of becoming an Astronaut!!! To be very honest this was not my original idea ....my partner in crime was my cousin brother Tutuda!

We'd all mugged up from the various encyclopaedias all about space n aircrafts n astronauts....n we had this strong belief that it's very much possible to make a rocket n off to the moon!!!!! With this strong belief and stars in our eyes we decided that we are all set to build our own rocket!! Our factory was a small rooftop adjoining chamber in my aunt's apartment and all through the summer vacation the main thing that we used to do in the noon time was to make our own rocket!! Obviously our main inputs were some old packing boxes,some broken pieces of a basin......n our vivid imagination! We had even decided that my brother is going to be the pilot n me the co-pilot! We had almost finished our work(dont ask how)when 1day my aunt caught us on the roof top during the noon time amidst all these! and that was the end of our Mission Impossible!

So that was one of my childhood antics .......I know they are very much silly ....but thats my signature perhaps!

4 comments:

Vivek Panda said...

i swear that this is the first time that I've come across a post with NONE of the sentences ending with a FULL STOP !! ALL of them had a '!' at the end.

CONGRATS !!

Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

@vivek : Modern English , obossho majhkhane koyekte ... ( fullstop )
chilo.Sorry for the previous comment ..nijo gune khoma kore dis !


@hermis : I guess that is the fun of childhood.Nonsense , yet u want to go back and play the same part.Nice post !!

3:08 PM

Vivek Panda said...

no prob dude !! u'r my good buddy. no need to ask for a "khoma" ;) ... just keep in mind what i said....pls. love u.

Vivek Panda said...

on second thought...well... this's really well written. quite suitable for this blog : Straight from the Heart, as it really did. keep it up !